
Shanghai, China. Home to more than 13.3 million people, Shanghai is the most populated city in the world! And to think, I was there! The city was a maze. I call it the concrete steel jungle. Everywhere you go, there is a huge skyscraper being built. People, bikes, cars, and trucks clutter the narrow streets. Smells of smog and oriental food cloud the air. Shanghai definitely fits more than one description from above: its smelly, far from home, highly populated, and scary! Out of all cities I traveled to in China, Shanghai was the only one that left me feeling uneasy. But the uneasiness was worth it: there's no where else like the Bund.
FYI: Here's where I got the 13.3 million. Some of the other numbers are quite interesting, as well. http://www.worldatlas.com/geoquiz/thelist.htm
*Above: image of Shanghai's famous Bund. This side is representative of European influence. EasyTour China.
No comments:
Post a Comment