
Last week, I traveled to the Philippines in my dreams. My friend lived there for more than half a year, so I decided a more novel destination was in order. Perhaps one no one goes to. But what location is off the tourist hot spots list? Think south. Way south. Antarctica. Located at the South Pole, Antarctica is the southernmost continent on earth. It is also the coldest, driest, and windiest continent on earth. I guess that explains why it's not on the list of hot spots (no pun intended). But wouldn't you think that fact in self, the fact that no one goes there, would drive more people to go there? I think so. And if I had the money and the world's most wind and cold repellent outer wear, I'd catch the first plane to the Pole.
Maybe I could fulfill this quest in a less dangerous location. There must be some place in the world where no man has set foot. It would be like discovering a piece of earth for the first time. You could be famous! But where might that place be? Some tropical rain forest? An island in the Pacific? No one knows. If one did, that would mean it would have been discovered and trodden under man's foot.
My plea to those who like make discoveries: travel beyond the preset tourist paths. Follow your own map and see where it might take you.
Maybe I could fulfill this quest in a less dangerous location. There must be some place in the world where no man has set foot. It would be like discovering a piece of earth for the first time. You could be famous! But where might that place be? Some tropical rain forest? An island in the Pacific? No one knows. If one did, that would mean it would have been discovered and trodden under man's foot.
My plea to those who like make discoveries: travel beyond the preset tourist paths. Follow your own map and see where it might take you.
*Image courtesy of Sea Effects
No comments:
Post a Comment