
A couple weeks ago I blogged about the foreign exchange students from Japan that came from our sister school there. Well today I was walking to chemistry when I crossed paths with the teacher who sort of sponsored them for one hour of the day during their stay. I asked him, "So, do you miss your Japanese friends 5th hour?" His response caught me by surprise, but in a pleasant way.
He responded (I'm paraphrasing here, as I did not use a tape recorder to record his statement or anything), "Well actually, when I returned from Spring Break, I checked my Facebook to find that they all had requested to be my friends."
Isn't that cool!? I that that was the best. Even though our Japanese exchange students are physically no longer with us at school, we are still connected virtually. That's one good thing about the digital age. We have the capacity to utilize the web in extraordinary ways. Just less than 20 years ago, this was not even thought off. But today, thanks to various social mediums and the world wide web, we can communicate with the world. There are no physical boundaries to overcome; with the web, everyone is a few clicks of the mouse away. What a big, happy, global family. Hooray!
He responded (I'm paraphrasing here, as I did not use a tape recorder to record his statement or anything), "Well actually, when I returned from Spring Break, I checked my Facebook to find that they all had requested to be my friends."
Isn't that cool!? I that that was the best. Even though our Japanese exchange students are physically no longer with us at school, we are still connected virtually. That's one good thing about the digital age. We have the capacity to utilize the web in extraordinary ways. Just less than 20 years ago, this was not even thought off. But today, thanks to various social mediums and the world wide web, we can communicate with the world. There are no physical boundaries to overcome; with the web, everyone is a few clicks of the mouse away. What a big, happy, global family. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment