Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pleasant Justification

If there is a will, then there is a way. I have listened to many akin who believe and preach these words: my parents, teachers, friends, coaches, and Grandma. Today, I saw closure to one will as the way unearthed a little more of itself.

Last June, I traveled to China. I felt a great burden of guilt for going. The trip costed close to 4K. But there was a will. The desire to leave the country and visit China of all places was off the Richter scale. My parents knew this, and they so graciously provided the funds for my trip.

I signed up almost a year in advance. Unfortunately, the price of trip continued to increase as the departure date drew closer. The biggest cause for the increase was the inflation of gas prices.

This morning, some of my guilt subsided. I unexpectedly received a letter from the tour group company. And just like birthday cards, I jokingly checked for cash. To my amazement, there was! The letter explained that just before we left last June, the price of gas dropped. The check was a reimbersment of the price drop. I will admit, it was only $80. But still, that was $80 I never thought I was going to see again, left only to advance the country of China (which I hold no grudge; some of the southern rural cities we visited needed every ounce of tourism possible, as evident my their teeth...or lack there of).

So why I am making such a great deal out of this pleasant surprise? It's simple. Believe in the saying. If there is a will, then there IS a way. Don't let money, or other people, the weather, politics, worry, or fear, stop you from following your will, your heart, your dreams. If I hadn't, my life-altering cardinal collision would have remained a dream worthy of pjs and pillows.

1 comment:

  1. Haha gotta love EF...Same thing happened to me ($120 though)

    ReplyDelete